AT MURIÉE WE USE HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS THAT ARE CHOSEN FOR BOTH THEIR BEAUTY AND ETHICAL CONSIDERATION.
All cashmere is made from fine Italian yarns using an extremely soft and long fiber originating from Inner Mongolia. The cashmere is spun and finished in Italy and used undyed, or dyed in Italy and Austria with natural colorants. The fibers for our various certified wool qualities (Merino Wool, Pure New Wool etc.) are sourced in Argentina and Uruguay, both countries with ideal climates for the breeding of sheep. The yarn gets spun, dyed and finished in Germany in a completely certified process just like our Organic Cotton fiber, which is grown in Turkey. All cotton jersey is 100% organic, produced by Germany’s pioneers of organic cotton farming. Already in 1991 they harvested the worlds first organic cotton and established sustainable farming projects in Turkey.
We always prefer choosing organic, certified fibers and yarns if available, and if they comply with our high standards: A challenging task. Providing a credible assurance to the final consumer the processing standard for textiles made from organic fibers is backed up by independent certification defining requirements including ecological and social criteria. MURIÉE clothing is the start of a new generation of style and luxury built on coherence and sustainability.
WE ARE PARTICULARLY PROUD OF OUR LOCAL, GERMAN PRODUCTION.
MURIÉE knits are made by specialists in the very heart of the county, an area known for its outstanding production facilities since the early 16th century. Two very talented manufacturers with together more than 150-years of experience turn our garments into true pieces of art. The decision to produce exclusively here in Germany is a step that prevents unique traditions and knowledge from disappearing and keeps CO2 emission low. Production decisions always consider the beauty and quality of a garment in line with ethical and environmental concerns.
A UNIQUE CAPSULE COLLECTION OF 100% ORGANIC COTTON T-SHIRTS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT THE MURIÉE ONLINE SHOP - THE RESULT OF A VERY SPECIAL COLLABORATION:
A clever team of women close to Milan in Italy sews every single, soft T-shirt with pure cotton thread. All the steps needed to turn a flat fabric into a perfectly finished shirt are done within their factory to guarantee an impeccable Italian quality. An equally unique, family-run company in Nürnberg does the printing with certified water-based pigments: Germany’s first certified print workshop. From preparation of colors and tools, to the proper disposal of wastewater, all production is carried out in an ecologically responsible way. Optical brighteners, formaldehyde, plasticizers and heavy metals used in conventional printing are left out. The result: radiant colors and a uniquely soft touch of our particularly bright prints.
WE BELIEVE THAT FASHION IS ABOUT BEAUTY AND THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF OUR PRODUCTS HAS TO BE AS SMALL AS POSSIBLE. FOR US, TAKING CARE OF APPARENTLY SMALL DETAILS MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE:
- The beautifully soft, woven MURIÉE fabric labels are made and printed in the South of Germany from OEKOTEX certified organic cotton
- All packaging is made from recycled, recyclable or post-consumer material
- In order to protect your new MURIÉE garment, it arrives carefully packaged in a transparent envelope. This pouch is made in Germany from recycled plastic bottles: if you look closely, you can see small irregularities in the structure of the foil thanks to using this unique post-consumer material
- All paper materials (e.g. shipping box, silk paper, hangtags) are made using cellulose gathered under environmentally and socially sustainable conditions – please protect the environment and reuse our box!
- We choose Carbon-neutral shipping - your parcel is sent 100% CO2-neutral with DHL GoGreen worldwide